- 1/3 c almond flour
- 1/3 c regular flour or gluten free
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/8 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1 t psyllium husks
- 1 t sesame seeds
- 1/4 t turmeric
- 1/4 t onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 c scallion, white to about 1″ of green, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 T melted ghee
- 1 T pumpkin puree (or applesauce or potato or sweet potato puree)
- 1T Avocado oil & 1 t ghee for frying
Prepare dipping sauce (recipe follows) so the flavors meld.
Combine the dry ingredients & scallions in one bowl & combine the wet ingredients in another — excluding the avocado oil & ghee for frying. Add the wet combo to the dry & stir well. The batter should be relatively moist & hold its shape in a teaspoon.
In a flat pan or griddle, heat the avocado oil & ghee to medium (375°F). Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto the heated surface, shaping them a bit with the back of a small spoon dipped in water. When the blini looses its gloss, flip it and cook the other side until brown.
Place cooked blinis on a paper towel lined wire rack for a bit. Serve immediately; keep them warm in a 200°F oven; or serve at room temperature. They reheat very well after refrigerated by pan frying again. Makes about 24 blinis.
Asian Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 T mirin
- 1 T agave or honey or maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or hyper-minced)
- 1 t ginger hyper-minced
- Heat – your choice – a dash cayenne or a bit of chili garlic paste
- 2 T very thinly sliced scallion (green part)
Mix all ingredients & let stand for an hour. Serve. Refrigerate to store.
Cooper & Thief Caramelized Onions & Scallions
- 1 c yellow onion cut into crescents
- 6 scallions, white part only, cut into 1/4 inch diagonal slices
- 1 t butter
- 1 t avocado oil
- 1/4 c Cooper & Thief red wine blend
- 1/4 t sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a small skillet heat the butter & oil. Add the onions & scallions & salt & pepper. Cook stirring constantly until the alliums are translucent & start to turn golden. Add wine, salt & pepper. Cook until all liquids evaporate.
Top blinis with caramelized onions & bits of triple cream (or brie). Serve warm or at room temperature.
ENJOY! Alliums are HUGE immunity boosters!