The recipe — VEGE TARTINE
- 1 slice rustic sourdough, toasted
- 1/4 avocado or smashed great northern beans or refried beans
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t Greek herbs (or your favorite herb/spice blend or salt & pepper)
- 1 pattypan (scallop) squash or other summer squash, sliced
- 1 large green onion, white & a bit of green cut in long strips. Green tops: chopped & saved for garnish
- 1 carrot (enough for 8 diagonal carrot slices or more)
- 1 French radish sliced
- 1 handful of Russian Kale torn
- Fresh micro sprouts (garnish & health!)
- 1 t balsamic vinegar
- 1 T pickled onions or your favorite zing (capers, sauerkraut, olives, pickles, lemon peel, sriracha, salsa)
- 1 t (or more) hemp seeds (so healthy)
- Fresh coarsely ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F (convection speeds roasting time). Hand rub the veggies with 1 T (more if needed) olive oil & herbs. Place in specific vegetable type groups on roasting pan in case one cooks faster than another so they’re easy to take out. Bake about 10 minutes, checking after 5 (removing kale) until the veggies are done to your preference.
Meanwhile toast the bread & smash the avocado on it. Drizzle with oil. Layer the veggies on the toast. Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with pickled onions, hemp hearts & black pepper.
Garnish with sprouts.
TRIPLE THE ROASTED VEGES — They’ll be delicious later!
See you next Wednesday at Raleigh City Farm 4-7. Check the site for each week’s harvest. https://raleighcityfarm.org/farmstand
One thought on “My Fresh Farm Breakfast — Vege Tartine”
YUM! can’t wait to try this one!!
Kimberlee Maselli http://www.KimberleeMaselli.com