Celebrate with my 3-Day Fresh recipe that’s nourishing and versatile. Start with it as a salad or a salsa on its own. Maybe as a base for your favorite grilled fish or a decoration for a few shrimp. Then the next day add a squirt of lemon juice and make it a main course by serving over your favorite grains or greens. The third day, it’s soup. Sauté the balance in a saucepan. Add vege or chicken broth and lots of fresh vegetables from your fridge. Serve with a grate of your favorite cheese or a float of sliced almonds or pumpkin seeds. After 3 days it will still be safe to eat but the nutrient content fades, so I recommend EAT IT ALL WITHIN 3 DAYS. Hey – you could even stir fry a bit for your omelette or puree it and have it as a sandwich spread or dip. Oh and how about as a topping for spaghetti squash. HAVE FUN!
ORGANIC everything if you can — This is enough for 4 servings, so triple if you want to do 3-Day Fresh for four people and have a main course, a salad, a soup.
- 1/2 c frozen roasted corn thawed
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, reserve tips, cut spears into 1/4″ slices Steam the slices for 2 minutes then add tips and steam for 1 minute.
- 2 T minced purple onion12 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 c diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c minced celery
- 1 large clove of garlic mashed and minced very finely
- 1/2 c cooked baby lima beans
- 1/2 t Greek Seasoning (You can make your own or buy one but read the ingredients and make sure it’s wholesome.)
- 1/2 t dry oregano or 1 t fresh
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 c EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 T red wine vinegar
Mix all ingredients. Serve at room temperature or warmed as a salad or salsa. Serve warmed a bit over baby spinach leaves or a pilaf as a main course. You might want to brighten it a bit with a touch of lemon juice. Be sure to add some crunch for the soup version. Enjoy!