The Healthy Mind Cookbook by Rebecca Katz, inspired this delicious dish.
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads, softened in 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (iodized, preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon chicken or no-chicken bullion (I like Better than Bullion Organic.)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 t lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- walnuts or nuts of your choice
This is truly one of my FAVORITE dishes.
In a skillet large enough to hold all of the ingredients, heat the ghee or oil. Add the onion, carrot, fennel, celery, garlic, salt & pepper. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower & sauté 3 minutes. Stir the bullion into the 1/4 cup water & add to the vegetables, along with the saffron, lemon zest & lemon peel. Cook 2 minutes; the cauliflower should be crisp. Avoid overcooking because it will be mushy. (Most things continue to cook for a bit even after they are removed from heat.) Stir in the parsley.
With the addition of a few nuts, you’ll have complete meal. It’s a great side dish & a perfect base for a breakfast egg. ENJOY!